Landsbankinn's Community Fund supports worthy social projects. Two types of grants are awarded each year: scholarships and community grants. Panels are composed of experts in each field.
Direct financial support for the community is part of the Bank's policy on corporate social responsibility. Financial support in the form of grants from the Community Fund supplements the many humanitarian, cultural and sports ventures Landsbankinn is part of throughout Iceland.
Initial awards from the Community Fund took place on 3 June last with the granting of Landsbankinn scholarships to sixteen outstanding students. Scholarships were advertised for application in March and around one thousand applications were received.
The panel was composed of three representatives of Landsbankinn and three external professionals.
35 grants in the total amount of ISK 15,000,000 will be awarded from the Community Fund to humanitarian, cultural and educational projects. The grants are divided in the following manner. The panel may decide on a variation of this division.
- 5 grants in the amount of ISK 1,000,000 each
- 10 grants in the amount of ISK 500,000 each
- 20 grants in the amount of ISK 250,000 each
Projects that will be considered:
- Projects undertaken by humanitarian and charitable organisations
- Culture and arts projects
- Education, science and research projects
- Preventative measures and youth activities
- Specialised publication
- All applications must be submitted on the application form provided.
- Applicants must provide a description of the use to which the grant will be put.
- As a rule, projects intended for the general market or involving profit expectations will not receive support.
- Landsbankinn may call for a final report on how the grant was utilised.
- All applications will be treated as confidential.
- The award of grants will be announced publically in September or October.
- Applications must be submitted to: Samfélagsstyrkir, Landsbankinn, Austurstræti 11, 155 Reykjavík.
- Fill out the provided application form and submit it as a cover along with other documents.
- Applicants are encouraged to include all information that may assist in evaluation of applications.